Matt LeBlanc’s Top Gear return still not confirmed


Matt LeBlanc says that his return to “Top Gear” is still not set in stone. “I’m not sure what’s happening with ‘Top Gear’ just yet, but this is my priority,” LeBlanc said Wednesday at a Television Critics Association press tour panel for his upcoming CBS comedy “Man With Plan.”

LeBlanc joined “Top Gear” as co-host for its most recent season, and is expected to be back next season as the sole host.

But asked Wednesday whether he would return to the BBC automotive series, LeBlanc said, “I don’t know. I’d like to. There’ nothing officially happening just yet — call the BBC.”

LeBlanc’s co-host Chris Evans departed the series in July. They two took over the show last season from longtime hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, but were met with low ratings and poor reviews. Sources told Variety last month that LeBlanc, who was singled out by critics and fans as a bright spot in a troubled show, would return as the lone host for the following season with a team of contributors. No details about the upcoming season have been announced.

Under LeBlanc’s deal with CBS Television Studios, “Man With a Plan” is in first position and the studio is obliged to make a good-faith effort to accommodate his “Top Gear” schedule.



  1. Just for fun I would like to see BBC go all crazy about next series hosts. Go all in USA. LeBlanc, 50cent and one of the Khardasians just to see people rage. Come on BBC you can do it!!